Thursday, March 3, 2011

Body/Landscape Mix

I'll post some details later, kind of busy right now.

EDIT-I recently took this to a local gallery in Macon, La Galarie which is owned by the completely wonderful Marike. I've been looking at this piece and just feeling like something was off with it. Either it was unfinished or needed some serious reworking and her advice was exactly what I needed.

First she pointed out that there was simply to much happening, it's to busy. She compared it to a woman wearing to much make up, caked on. Second, it's an uncomfortable image, something about it is unsettling to her. She felt that something terrible had happened to the woman, and the image feels violent. In the end we decided the best thing to do would be to crop the image, cutting the entire left side off. I agree with her and plan on doing this soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment